Process Mill Superintendent
JOB RESPONSIBILITES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Lead a team of professional and technical staff to maximize operational efficiencies in all areas of the mill with a focus on safety, environmental stewardship, and timely quality results.
- Support and promote an environment of participatory management, employee ownership, and continuous improvement.
- Ensure the mill operates at a high level of technical performance.
- Investigate and implement opportunities to increase competitive advantages and align them with the organization’s overall strategy.
- Lead the development of all operating systems, procedures, and protocols necessary for safe and efficient operation of the facility.
- Investigate options and recommend short and long term projects and approaches to enhance efficiency and cost effectiveness of mill operations. Ensure all Mill related projects are on time, and on budget.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Detailed understanding of Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) requirements.
- Detailed knowledge of comminution, flotation, CIL, carbon handling, refining, cyanide destruction and tailing storage unit operations.
- Detailed knowledge of analytical and metallurgical laboratory operations.
- Detailed knowledge of the principles and methods used in complex metallurgical and processing systems and analyses.
- Knowledge of plant process control systems including advanced process control techniques.
- Detailed knowledge of Metallurgical accounting procedures and gold standards protocols.
- Sound knowledge of participatory management practices including root cause analysis, SPC and lean manufacturing.
- Good working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation programs.
Skills & Abilities:
- Proven commitment to behavior based safety culture.
- Proven ability to develop and promote technical talent.
- Proven ability to interact with all levels of employees in a positive and cooperative manner for mutual success and the success of the company.
- Ability to review progress and to ensure the achievement of targets.
- Ability to set priorities and allocate resources accordingly.
- Ability to develop and implement business practices and policies within the team.
- Ability to quantify economic benefits associated with proposed and implemented process modifications.
- Ability to effectively manage capital and operating budgets.
- Ability to coach technical professionals in a direction that honors their goals.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written, with both internal and external contacts and the ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented and the ability to work with others in a team environment.
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Mineral Processing, Metallurgy or Chemical Engineering,
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in ore processing operations with experience in supervising / leading teams and people.
- An advanced level of oral and written communication skills in English is required.
- The ability to write and review detailed technical reports is required.
21 Sep 2017
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 30 Nov 2017