Heavy Equipment Operator
- Extensive experience in an open pit mining production environment
- All types of Heavy Equipment (Majority is Caterpillar)
Comply with all safety and attendance criteria as listed in the Mine Operator Job Description.
Safe to operate:
- Pre-start checks are carried out in accordance with manufacturers’ and/or site requirements.
- Start-up, park-up, shutdown and communication procedures are carried out to manufacturers’ and/or site requirement including log on procedures for machine.
- Emergency procedures are carried out in accordance with the manufacturers’ and/or mine procedures.
- Safe operating practices, including operating controls, monitoring gauges and systems, conducting safety checks and use of two-way radio and any other system for communication are carried out within manufacturers’ and/or site specific requirements.
- Equipment is operated within vehicle limitations as specified by the manufacturer and/or site requirements.
- Ensure the machine is operated in a manner that maximizes tire life and equipment life.
- Records are maintained in accordance with site requirements.
- Loading and hauling operations are carried out with all types of materials in all weather conditions by day and night; within safety requirements and accurate delivery of material to assigned dump location.
- Dumping operations are carried out with regards to legislative/site requirements.
- Work is completed in accordance with the agreed plan and outcomes and within the operating capacities of the equipment.
- Zero equipment damage due to negligence or not following procedure.
OTHER DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Report any safety or mechanical problems with the equipment in accordance with company procedures.
- Document and record production information.
- Perform other work required or as directed.
- Perform all duties and activities in a manner which conforms to company safety and environmental standards.
- Mobile equipment operations experience (minimum of 5 years)
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English.
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards.
High School Diploma or equivalent
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK 12 HOUR ROTATING SHIFTS, INCLUDING NIGHTS, WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS.
2 Oct 2017
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 28 Feb 2018