Process Floatation and Autoclave Operator
- Experienced in the mining process plant
- Based at Macraes
- Seven days on / seven days off roster
Responsible for optimizing process plant flotation and autoclave requirements in accordance with the Critical Variable Sheet, training manuals and standard operating procedures. Identify opportunities for improvement and implement approved changes by using sound operating practices and standard operating procedures.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Operates and optimises the process plant Floatation and Autoclave circuit in accordance with Critical Variable sheet, training manuals and standard operating procedures. Report all unrectified variances to the Process Shift Coordinator in a timely manner
- Complete all relevant documentation to ensure accurate record keeping e.g. log sheets, logbooks and checklists
- Actively participate in all professional development and continuous improvement activities
- Liaise with other operators, gold room staff and plant personnel to minimise downtime
- Effectively completes a handover with incoming/outgoing area operators each shift. Ensure all relevant information is communicated
- Assists with mechanical/electrical/ metallurgical tasks as required ensuring maximum availability of the Processing Plant. Including PM tasks, screen changes, autoclave, mill and flotation inspections, pipeline repairs and adjusting glands
- Give information and instruction to the Process Control Room Operator to make plant adjustments
- Carries out and assists maintenance repairs and improvements when required
- Report equipment that is damaged, worn, faulty or showing any other unusual signs
- Responsible for anticipating and reporting any potential issues or problems within the work area
- When required ensure all permits are issued and closed off in a timely manner
The successful candidate will have:
- OSH approved Forklift license, or similar would be well regarded
- Skid Steer Loader experience an advantage
- Full and Current Driver License, ability to drive manual vehicles is preferred
- Three years processing plant experience, or similar would be well regarded
- Previous processing plant experience, or similar, will be well regarded
- Forklift, crane, truck and skid steer loader experience an advantage
- Previous experience with DCS would be highly regarded
- Prior experience working in Flotation and/or pressure oxidation would be an advantage
About the Company:
OceanaGold Corporation is a mid-tier, multinational gold producer with assets in the Philippines, New Zealand and the United States. On the North Island of New Zealand, the Company operates the high-grade Waihi Gold Mine while on the South Island; the Company operates the country’s largest gold mine, the Macraes Goldfield.
At OceanaGold, health and safety is paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviours that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | INTEGRITY | TEAMWORK | INNOVATION | ACTION | ACCOUNTABILITY
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close Friday, 27 October 2017.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
4 Oct 2017
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Macraes Operations
- Date expires:
- 27 Oct 2017