Metal Accounting Metallurgist
- Experienced Metallurgist
- SQL and data analysis
- PI Integration Software
- 12 Month fixed-term contract
Provide accurate and timely metallurgical reporting and data analyses to enable effective decision making around production data to drive maximum efficiency in gold recovery and production.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Liaise with Production Metallurgy team to ensure accurate metallurgical data uploaded to Metal accounting database
- Manages, maintains and improves metallurgical accounting systems
- Generate daily, weekly, mid-monthly and monthly metallurgical production reports
- Generate weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly production forecasting
- Generate internal production performance reports as/when required
- Liaise with Mine Planner to ensure mining plan developed is aligned with process plant production plan to achieve optimum production to maximise recovery
- LOM and Budget reviews
- Monitor and evaluate processing plant parameters to identify potential risks or and improvement opportunities
- Attend weekly mine and process planning meetings and update production plan to reflect unplanned shutdowns
- Provide technical support to plant personnel to enhance performance and provide key performance information
- Review, develop and execute site metallurgical accounting procedures, providing accurate and auditable production reconciliation's and reporting systems
- Coach and develop plant personnel in the use of PI ProcessBook / Vision software
The successful candidate will have:
- three - four years undergraduate degree in Metallurgy / Chemical Engineering, or the equivalent
- three to five years of metallurgical experience preferably with sulphide milling and flotation processes
- experience with Gold Oxidation processes, leaching, PI integration software, metaccounting processes
- SQL and data analysis in Microsoft Office proficiency would be well regarded as would forecast experience
- full and current Driver Licence, ability to drive manual vehicles is preferred.
About the Company:
OceanaGold Corporation is a mid-tier, multinational gold producer with assets in the Philippines, New Zealand and the United States. On the North Island of New Zealand, the Company operates the high-grade Waihi Gold Mine while on the South Island; the Company operates the country’s largest gold mine, the Macraes Goldfield.
At OceanaGold, health and safety is paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviours that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | INTEGRITY | TEAMWORK | INNOVATION | ACTION | ACCOUNTABILITY
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close Friday, 27 October 2017.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
4 Oct 2017
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Macraes Operations
- Date expires:
- 27 Oct 2017