Process Lead Operator
- Previous experience with DCS highly regarded
- Prior experience working in CIL/CIP, Flotation, Sag/Ball milling or pressure oxidation
- Lifestyle roster 7on 7 off
Assisting the Process Shift Coordinator to ensure optimisation of the processing plant Acts as Process Shift Coordinator and provides cover for all areas as and when required.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Operates all areas in accordance with the critical operating sheet, training manuals and standard operating procedures
- Measures and makes adjustments to optimise the plant within set ranges of the critical variable sheet
- Complete all relevant documentation to ensure accurate record keeping e.g. log sheets, logbooks and checklists
- Help manage and coordinate maintenance activities and shutdown schedules as required, including the pre and post shutdown scheduling meetings
- Assists with mechanical/ electrical tasks as required ensuring maximum availability of the Processing Plant
- Develop and help maintain SOP’s, IRSs and Training Manuals for safe operation of equipment associated with process plant
- Ensure all permits are issued and closed off in a timely manner
- Support Process Shift Coordinator with pre-start safety meetings and monthly safety meetings
- Raise Work Requests and follow up in Maintenance Planning meeting to make sure equipment is running efficiently and effectively
- Use Pronto to manage and prioritise work requests for the delegation of Operators tasks
- Understands the business requirements and leads accordingly
- Support the management of staffing levels and abilities
- Actively participate in all professional development and continuous improvement activities
The successful candidate will have:
- previous Supervisory experience and a demonstrated capability to train, coach or mentor
- minimum three years’ experience in processing plant, or similar, is essential
- forklift, crane, truck and skid steer loader experience an advantage
- previous experience with DCS would be highly regarded
- prior experience working in CIL/CIP, Flotation, Sag/Ball milling or pressure oxidation
- advanced skills in operating the Process Plant from the Control Room would be highly regarded.
About the Company:
OceanaGold Corporation is a mid-tier, multinational gold producer with assets in the Philippines, New Zealand and the United States. On the North Island of New Zealand, the Company operates the high-grade Waihi Gold Mine while on the South Island; the Company operates the country’s largest gold mine, the Macraes Goldfield.
At OceanaGold, health and safety is paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviours that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | INTEGRITY | TEAMWORK | INNOVATION | ACTION | ACCOUNTABILITY
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close Friday, 27 October 2017.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
6 Oct 2017
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Macraes Operations
- Date expires:
- 27 Oct 2017