Heavy Equipment and Diamond Drill Mechanic
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Repair and maintenance of a five-rig company owned drill fleet, light duty Ford pickup trucks and heavy support vehicles (water trucks and rig tenders)
- Maintain accurate daily service records.
- Must be a hands on self-motivated person that excels at working within an operating mine environment with excellent communication and time management skills.
- The candidate must have a strong commitment to safety and environmental stewardship, and require minimal supervision.
- Must be knowledgeable with gas, diesel engine repair/ PM services, hydraulic repairs and hydraulic diagnostics as well as basic electrical trouble shooting skills.
- The position requires timely repair of all drilling systems e.g. pumps, drill heads, transmissions, hydraulic cylinders and all rig components.
- Will be responsible for servicing and maintaining 2- D5 Cat dozers, Cat 320E back hoe, Cat 312 track hoe, Bobcat T190 and support equipment.
- This full time Monday-Friday residential position is part of a 50-person Exploration Team and will require on-call overtime hours.
- Knowledge of transmissions, drive trains, hydraulic and electrical systems
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to understand and use prints and manuals
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs, using diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices, laptop computers and software supplied by equipment manufactures
- Ability to perform as a Field Mechanic as required
- On-the-job experience and Vocational Training
Formal Education, Certifications or Equivalents:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Background in repair and maintenance of heavy equipment
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK 12 HOUR ROTATING SHIFTS
13 Oct 2017
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 30 Nov 2017