Drill and Blast Engineer
JOB RESPONSIBILITES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Produce accurate Drill & Blast Designs in a timely manner, as defined by the Monthly and Weekly Plans.
- Provide Drill & Blast input for the Daily, Weekly and Monthly mine plan
- Undertake Drill and Blast related project studies and investigations.
- Review final and interim mine designs for operational effectiveness and safety
- Monitor and Report on the Drill & Blast Performance
- Provide drill and blast engineering services including blast hole pattern design, initiation timing and charge design.
- Ensure Drill & Blast designs are prepared for the next two weeks of production.
- Ensure Blast Masters for the next six weeks are developed in accordance with the monthly plan.
- Assist in the development and implementation of procedures that optimise the drill and blast process.
- Resolve Drill and Blast technical problems
- Prepare, monitor and update production data associated with drilling and blasting activities. Review Quality Control data, productivities and videos to determine areas of further improvement.
- Review and analyse Shot Reports identifying trends and
- Ensure that Drill and blast operations are carried out in a cost effective manner.
- Liaise with consultant and specialist suppliers as required.
- Inspect drill and blast work areas monthly
- Consult and develop a close working relationship with the Geotechnical Engineer in order to optimise pit wall stability
- Mentor and upskill junior mine engineering staff, interns.
- Develop a sense of continuous improvement, seek to streamline drill and blast process to increase productivity, quality and compliance.
- Complies with all safety requirements and observes all company policies and procedures.
- Carries out all other duties that may reasonably be required.
- Tertiary qualification(s) in Engineering; and
- Eligibility for membership of a professional body desirable.
- 1-5 years of experience in a hardrock mining environment
Key Working Relationships (List internal and external main points of contact for the role)
- Excellent problem solving skills with complex problems, including both definition of the problem and generation and evaluation of solutions.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, including goal setting, group performance monitoring and the ability to modify priorities where necessary to achieve these goals.
- The ability to make a decision from a range of competing options where the outcomes are not entirely predictable.
- Effective written and oral communication skills, and the ability to convince others to co-operate and contribute.
- Advanced numerical analysis and reasoning skills.
- Strong monitoring & improvement focus.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to work within a team.
10 Oct 2017
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 31 Dec 2017