- Experience in open pit mining
- Degree in Mining Engineering
- Monday to Friday and eight - six rosters
To provide engineering support to the open cut mine operations by providing designs, schedules and reports within open pit technical services group.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Undertake engineering tasks as required
- Produce and distribute engineering designs for the safe and efficient extraction of ore
- Assist with production scheduling and communication of mine plan
- Evaluate and report on modifications to existing pit, dump, and road designs that will improve operational efficiency
- Monitor the operational mining physicals and costs against budget, and develop plans to reduce the variance
- Assist geotechnical staff with pit wall and ground stability systems and ensure design modifications reflect geotechnical design parameters
- Assist with the production of project submissions when required
- Comply with all safety requirements and observe all company policies and procedures
The successful candidate will have:
- full and current Driver Licence, with ability to drive manual vehicles
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mining Engineering
- minimum of two years’ experience in open pit mining projects
- demonstrated competency in mine design and planning software packages. Experience with MineSight is preferable.
About the Company:
OceanaGold Corporation is a mid-tier, multinational gold producer with assets in the Philippines, New Zealand and the United States. On the North Island of New Zealand, the Company operates the high-grade Waihi Gold Mine while on the South Island; the Company operates the country’s largest gold mine, the Macraes Goldfield.
At OceanaGold, health and safety is paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviours that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | INTEGRITY | TEAMWORK | INNOVATION | ACTION | ACCOUNTABILITY
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close Friday, 27 October 2017
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
11 Oct 2017
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Macraes Operations
- Date expires:
- 27 Oct 2017