Mineral Lab Technician
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Performs all duties with a focus on safety, environmental stewardship and best operating practices.
- Actively participates in Safety, Health, and Environmental initiatives.
- Fully committed to producing quality timely results.
- Operates lab equipment, instruments, and systems according to standard operating procedures and/or directed work instructions from the supervisor.
- Must show competency in operating lab and mobile equipment and instrumentation.
- Seeks to continuously improve work environment.
- Must be able to assess, diagnose and remedy operating variances in a safe and timely manner.
- Performs routine maintenance and will participate in equipment and instrument repairs.
- Responsible for safe and effective handling of hazardous waste.
- Other responsibilities may be added as necessary for the successful operation of Kershaw Mineral Lab.
TYPICAL END RESULTS:
- Strong behavior based safety culture with no reportable safety incidences or lost time accidents.
- No environmental non-compliance events or reportable spills.
- Clients provided with quality timely results.
- Clean and orderly work environment.
- Duties are performed in an efficient manner.
- Production and operational goals are met.
- Knowledge of lab procedures, equipment and instrumentation is beneficial.
- Working knowledge of computers is required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software is beneficial.
- Knowledge of chemistry or other sciences is beneficial.
- Knowledge of operating a Lab Information Management System (LIMS) is beneficial.
Skills & Abilities:
- Commitment to behavioral based safety culture.
- Able to assess problems and make sound recommendations for solutions.
- Able to work within a team and work well with others.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and effectively implement change.
- High school diploma / equivalent or higher education.
Experience with mine sample preparation, fire assay, wet chemistry methods, gravimetric analysis, LIMS and AA/ICP/LECO instrumentation
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK 12 HOUR ROTATING SHIFTS, DAYS, NIGHTS, WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS
20 Oct 2017
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 31 Jan 2018