Underground Truck Operator
- Learn about health and safety and the gold mining industry
- Receive on the job support and mentoring
- Be part of a company who is committed to providing equal opportunities
- Based at Macraes
- Permanent roles
- Seven on /seven off roster
- In this truck driving role, you will learn about health and safety, and an aspect of the gold mining industry
- Work in a positive team environment where knowledge is shared and training is provided
- On the job support and mentoring goes hand in hand with the experience you will bring to the role
- Work on an attractive seven days on, seven days off roster with rotating day and night shifts means you can enjoy the outdoors lifestyle that the region offers
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Pre-start and shut down checks on all equipment to ensure units are kept clean and in a serviceable condition
- Load and transport ore
- Keep loading area clean
- Operate vehicles by day and night
- An understanding of underground mine layout and ground conditions is desirable
Your skills and experience:
- Comfortable driving for up to 12 hour shifts
- Vehicle grooming and housekeeping
- Communicating within a team environment
- Previous underground experience preferred
Applicants must hold a full, clean, current driver's licence and will be able to confidently drive a manual vehicle
About the company
OceanaGold Corporation is a mid-tier, multinational gold producer with assets in the Philippines, New Zealand and the United States. On the North Island of New Zealand, the Company operates the high-grade Waihi Gold Mine while on the South Island; the Company operates the country's largest gold mine, the Macraes Goldfield.
At OceanaGold, health and safety is paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviours that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | INTEGRITY | TEAMWORK | INNOVATION | ACTION | ACCOUNTABILITY
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close Friday, 23 February 2018.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
29 Jan 2018
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Macraes Operations
- Date expires:
- 23 Feb 2018
- Mining >> Mining Operators