- Waihi Location
- One year fixed-term
- Tertiary qualification in Environmental or Earth Sciences, Resource Management or similar
This is a one year fixed-term position reporting to the Senior Environmental Advisor. As the Environmental Advisor you will be responsible for ensuring that there are robust monitoring, reviewing and reporting systems in place in order to demonstrate compliance with consent conditions. You will also be responsible for ensuring relevant projects within the Environmental area are completed in an accurate and timely manner that ensures compliance with statutory Acts, regulations, consent conditions and company environmental standards to sustain OceanaGold's 'Social Licence To Operate'.
The successful candidate will have:
- a tertiary qualification (preferably degree level) in Environmental or Earth Sciences, Resource Management or similar
- ideally two or more years' work experience in a regulatory monitoring environment, preferably within a mining environment
- knowledge of water chemistry (would be an advantage)
- experience in using mapping software (e.g. ArcMap, MapInfo)
- knowledge of geochemistry, water quality and ecological
- experience using data management systems software (e.g. Hydsys, SCADA, Wonderware, Inviron).
About the company
OceanaGold Corporation is a mid-tier, multinational gold producer with assets in the Philippines, New Zealand and the United States. On the North Island of New Zealand, the Company operates the high-grade Waihi Gold Mine while on the South Island; the Company operates the country's largest gold mine, the Macraes Goldfield.
At OceanaGold, health and safety is paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviours that align with our values.
OUR VALUES: RESPECT | INTEGRITY | TEAMWORK | INNOVATION | ACTION | ACCOUNTABILITY
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close Tuesday, 20 February 2018.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
7 Feb 2018
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Waihi Operations
- Date expires:
- 20 Mar 2018
- Mining >> Other