Long Term Planning Engineer
- Based at Macraes
- Involvement in both Underground and Open Pit
- Monday to Friday roster
We are looking for a Long Term Planning Engineer who has experience in Underground mining to join our Technical Services team at our Macraes site. If you are an individual who has proven ability at extracting value, working to close margins, and wants to be involved in large decision making recommendations then please apply today.
Provide high level technical skills to optimise the value of Oceana Gold's mineral resources, at existing operations and future projects, by effective optimisation, mine design and scheduling of underground resources.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Pro actively and continually assess the overall mining strategy, focusing on underground resources
- Work with other team members to optimise underground /open pit interfaces and mining areas to provide the maximum value for the Macraes operation
- Generate the life of mine (LOM) underground mining plan and develop budgets
- Communicate designs, schedules and cost models to the operational technical and mining teams
- Assist in the development strategy of the Macraes operations
- Assist in Reserves compilation and reporting
The successful candidate will have:
- a full and current driver's licence (ability to drive manual vehicles is preferred)
- a degree in Mining Engineering (is essential)
- ideally at least seven years of postgraduate industry experience with a minimum of three years underground, preferably in a production role. Open pit metals experience is preferred but not essential
- strong technical skills in at least one General Mining Package, preferably Minesight and the ability to do basic programming
- mine scheduling skills using specialist scheduling software, preferably Xpac
- cost modelling and economic evaluation skills (desirable).
About the company
OceanaGold Corporation is a mid-tier, multinational gold producer with assets in the Philippines, New Zealand and the United States. On the North Island of New Zealand, the Company operates the high-grade Waihi Gold Mine while on the South Island; the Company operates the country's largest gold mine, the Macraes Goldfield.
At OceanaGold, health and safety is paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviours that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | INTEGRITY | TEAMWORK | INNOVATION | ACTION | ACCOUNTABILITY
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close Tuesday, 13 March 2018.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
13 Feb 2018
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Macraes Operations
- Date expires:
- 13 Mar 2018
- Mining >> Other