Assistant Contracts Lawyer
- Great locations - Dunedin or Waihi
- Fixed-term for one year
- Flexible Monday to Friday working hours
Are you looking for a fresh challenge? OceanaGold has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Contracts Lawyer to join the team on a fixed-term basis to provide legal advice on contracts, agreements, and other commercial and contractual relationships the company enters into.
For this role we require a minimum of 20 hours to be worked Monday - Friday. There is also the option to increase to full-time. You will be working alongside the existing Contracts Lawyer (based in Waihi) and providing support in a busy, exciting, and challenging phase of the Company's life cycle. We're after a self-starting motivated individual who can hit the ground running within this busy environment.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Review and provide legal support and advice in respect of all Principal's Representatives' activities
- Assist with contract reviews, negotiations, contract drafting and legal-commercial context
- Instruct and liaise with external legal advisors and consultants to ensure contractual and legal actions have been taken
The successful candidate will have:
- ideally a minimum of five years PQE
- a thorough understanding of commercial and contractual documentation and practice
- advanced interpersonal, negotiating and analytical skills.
About the company
OceanaGold Corporation is a mid-tier, multinational gold producer with assets in the Philippines, New Zealand and the United States. The Company operates the high-grade Waihi Gold Mine and the country's largest gold mine at Macraes, north of Dunedin.
At OceanaGold, health and safety is paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviours that align with our values.OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | INTEGRITY | TEAMWORK | INNOVATION | ACTION | ACCOUNTABILITY
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close Wednesday, 7 March 2018.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
5 Mar 2018
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Dunedin Office
- Date expires:
- 7 May 2018