Heavy Diesel Mechanic - Open Pit Maintenance
- Heavy mining machinery
- Seven days on, seven days off rotating day /night roster
- Enjoy the outdoors lifestyle of the Otago region
Due to an increase in production and crew numbers the Macraes Open Pit Maintenance Operation are looking for experienced Heavy Diesel Mechanics to join the ever-changing environment at Macraes.
Working in a positive team environment where knowledge is shared and ongoing training is provided.
The role of the Heavy Diesel Mechanic is to safely and efficiently undertake the maintenance, repairs and servicing of all Open Pit mining machinery, ancillary plant and equipment.
Excellent communication skills are crucial to your success in this role along with a proven ability to work under pressure and independently.
You will need to be prepared to work near large mobile mining equipment, in a potentially dusty, cold, hot, wet, and windy environment.
Working on an attractive seven days on, seven days off roster with rotating day and night shifts means you can enjoy the outdoors lifestyle that the region offers.
Key tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities for this role include:
- the repair, maintenance, rebuilding, servicing and inspection of the mining fleet, machinery and other field based equipment
- computer diagnostics and fault finding
- attending to breakdowns across the Macraes site
- basic repairs to electrical systems on the mining fleet and ancillary plant
- backlog and defect reporting and repairs
- recording and reporting of usage of all components, parts, G.E.T and other resources on work-order job cards
- applying Contamination Control methodologies for all work that is undertaken
- maintaining high levels of housekeeping at all facilities, equipment and company vehicles
- role model best practice mechanically and with health and safety.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- a trade qualification in heavy automotive engineering
- strong diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- significant experience in mechanical repairs, maintenance and field service of heavy mining machinery in open pit environments on large mining excavators, trucks, drills rigs, graders, dozers and other ancillary equipment
- ideally certificates in: first aid; forklift; overhead gantry and non-slewing crane; rigging and slinging and work at height to the relevant NZ standards
- the ability to work independently whilst maintaining a high quality of work
- a high standard of safety
- computer literacy skills
- a full, clean, current driver's licence and confident driving a manual vehicle
- the ability to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing.
About the company
OceanaGold Corporation is a mid-tier, multinational gold producer with assets in the Philippines, New Zealand and the United States. On the North Island of New Zealand, the Company operates the high-grade Waihi Gold Mine while on the South Island; the Company operates the country's largest gold mine, the Macraes Goldfield.
At OceanaGold, health and safety is paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviours that align with our values.
OUR VALUES: RESPECT | INTEGRITY | TEAMWORK | INNOVATION | ACTION | ACCOUNTABILITY
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and a smoke-free work site.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close Tuesday, 27 March 2018.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
9 Mar 2018
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Macraes Operations
- Date expires:
- 27 Mar 2018
- Trade Services >> Technician