Water Management Tech
JOB RESPONSIBILITES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Performs all duties with a focus on safety, environmental stewardship and best operating practices.
Actively participates in Safety, Health, and Environmental initiatives.
Operates pumping equipment and systems per standard operating procedures and / or directed work instructions from the supervisor.
Maintains and monitors site storage pond levels and operations.
Maintains the dewatering well field.
Maintains the piezometer network.
Maintains contact, freshwater, and process water pipelines.
Must show competency in operating fixed and mobile equipment.
Operates the water treatment plant.
Seeks to continuously improve work environment.
Must be able to assess, diagnose and remedy operating variances in a safe and timely manner.
Performs routine maintenance and will participate in equipment repairs.
Other responsibilities may be added as necessary for the successful operation of Haile Gold Mine.
TYPICAL END RESULTS:
Strong behavior based safety culture with no reportable safety incidences or lost time accidents.
No environmental non-compliance events or reportable spills.
Clean and orderly work environment.
Duties are performed in an efficient manner.
Production and operational goals are met
1. Knowledge of industrial treatment processes is beneficial.
2. Comfortable working with computers is beneficial.
3. Knowledge of process control systems is beneficial.
2 | P a g e
4. Knowledge of Microsoft Office software is beneficial.
Skills & Abilities:
1. Proven commitment to behavioral based safety culture.
2. Able to assess problems and make sound recommendations for solutions.
3. Able to work within a team and work well with others.
4. Demonstrated ability to learn and effectively implement change.
1. High school diploma / equivalent or higher education.
[Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered for meeting the minimum requirement]
1. Prior experience in an industrial operation is preferred.
2. Prior Water Treatment experience or Water Certification is beneficial.
1. Must be able to clearly communicate in English, both orally and in writing.
1. Must be able to perform basic mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
1. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
2. Ability to use logical thinking to troubleshoot problems.
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK 12 HOUR ROTATING SHIFTS INCLUDING NIGHTS, WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS
29 Oct 2018
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 31 Dec 2018