Senior Resource Geologist
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Estimates resources for Haile operations and exploration projects.
- Identifies mineralization controls in order to appropriately model deposits and to assist Exploration new drill targets.
- Provide technical expertise in geostatistics and resource modelling to assist with development and training of the production and exploration teams.
- Assess, design and implement an OP production grade control process.
- Provide assistance to the operations on technical issues that arise and work towards assisting the mining managers to foresee looming issues in the technical areas.
- Undertake and manage the advancement of minor operations projects and studies, as directed.
- Reconcile mine vs. mill and mine vs. reserve and resource figures.
- Prepare resource statements, reports and LOM plan document with input from the relevant contributors.
- Comply with all safety requirements and observes all company policies and procedures.
- Carry out all other duties that may reasonably be required.
- First Aid Certificate
- Full Manual Drivers Licence
- Professional affiliation that allows candidate to act as a qualified or competent person
- OP and UG gold mining experience.
- Proficient with the use of Vulcan and Supervisor software for resource estimation and variography.
- Minimum ten years progressive experience in Geology and resource estimation related areas.
- Have a significant period of production experience, preferably in both open cut and underground environments.
- Have previous experience in geological modelling and resource estimation using advanced estimation and simulation techniques.
- Involved in a resource drill out through to feasibility stage or production highly regarded.
- Experience in a senior management role in the resources sector is highly desirable.
Drive for results: Demonstrates concern for achieving or surpassing results against an internal or external standard of excellence. Shows a passion for improving the delivery of services with a commitment to continuous improvement.
23 Oct 2018
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 31 Dec 2018