Process Operations Technician
JOB RESPONSIBILITES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Performs all duties with a focus on safety, environmental stewardship and best operating practices.
- Operates process equipment and systems according to standard operating procedures and / or directed work instructions from the supervisor.
- Troubleshoots plant operational problems, completing plant repairs and performs plant preventative maintenance duties.
- Reads meters and gauges, automatic recording devices or performs visual inspections at specified intervals to verify proper operating conditions.
- Records data such as production rates, inventory levels or other applicable data as required by the operation at which this position is assigned.
- Visually inspects equipment at periodic intervals to detect malfunctions or need for repair, adjustment or lubrication and either reports data to appropriate personnel or performs necessary maintenance on subject equipment by tightening fittings, oiling and lubricating equipment, repacking bearings, gaskets, replacing or repairing conveyor components, gauges or other components or other maintenance operations applicable to the proper operation of the plant.
- Must show competency in operating fixed and mobile equipment.
- Seeks to continuously improve work environment.
- Other job duties as assigned.
TYPICAL END RESULTS:
- Strong behavior based safety culture with no reportable safety incidences or lost time accidents.
- No environmental non-compliance events or reportable spills.
- Clean and orderly work environment.
- Duties are performed in an efficient manner.
- Production and operational goals are met.
- Knowledge of industrial treatment processes is beneficial.
- Comfortable working with computers is beneficial.
- Knowledge of process control systems is beneficial.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software is beneficial.
- Skills & Abilities:
- Proven commitment to behavioral based safety culture.
- Able to assess problems and make sound recommendations for solutions.
- Able to work within a team and work well with others.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and effectively implement change.
- High school diploma / equivalent or higher education.
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK 12 HOUR ROTATING SHIFTS INCLUDING NIGHTS, WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS.
22 Oct 2018
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 31 Dec 2018