- Based at Macraes
- Seven on /seven off roster
- Southern Cross Medical Insurance included
Like big machinery? Interested in working for an underground gold mine? Then this role is for you! Currently the Frasers Underground operation are looking for multiple Truck Operators to join our Macraes site.
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor the role is responsible for transporting materials from underground stockpiles to the portal R.O.M, surface waste dumps and to backfill stopes. Ensuring the quality of work is cost effective and productivity is delivered is essential, and all work carried out in a safe manner top priority.
Working in a positive team environment where knowledge is shared and training is provided, on the job support and mentoring goes hand in hand with the experience you will bring to the role.
Working on an attractive seven days on, seven days off roster with rotating day and night shifts means you can enjoy the outdoors lifestyle that the region offers.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Pre-start and shut down checks on all equipment to ensure units are kept clean and in a serviceable condition
- Load and transport ore
- Keep loading area clean
- Operate vehicles by day and night
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- Be comfortable driving for up to 12 hour shifts
- Have a genuine interest in the mining industry
- Have proven ability to work and communicate well within a team environment
- Be able to pass a pre-employment medical/ fitness including a drug and alcohol testing
- Applicants must hold a full, clean, current driver's licence and can confidently drive a manual vehicle.
- An understanding of underground mine layout and ground conditions /underground experience is desirable but not essential
This is a great opportunity to kick start your career in mining!
About the company
OceanaGold Corporation is a mid-tier, multinational gold producer with assets in the Philippines, New Zealand and the United States. On the North Island of New Zealand, the Company operates the high-grade Waihi Gold Mine while on the South Island; the Company operates the country's largest gold mine, the Macraes Goldfield.
At OceanaGold, health and safety is paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviours that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | INTEGRITY | TEAMWORK | INNOVATION | ACTION | ACCOUNTABILITY
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close Thursday, 22 November 2018.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Shortlisting of candidates will commence immediately.
25 Oct 2018
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Macraes Operations
- Date expires:
- 22 Nov 2018
- Mining >> Other
- Transport & Logistics >> Other