Process Operations Shift Supervisor
JOB RESPONSIBILITES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Actively drive HGM’s behavior-based safety and environmental stewardship culture.
- Fosters a high performance work environment that encourages employee ownership and participation in safety, environmental and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Supervise, coach, and mentor operations technicians safely, responsibly and efficiently.
- Process Plant technicians safely, responsibly, and efficiently.
- Hands-on operation of process circuits as needed.
- Ensure operation utilization to achieve safety, quality, and production targets.
- Actively identifies and addresses opportunities for improvement.
- Conducts pre-shift tailgate and weekly safety meetings.
- Provides work assignments to operations technicians.
- Approve time sheets and requests for time-off.
- Operates equipment, as required
- Oversees contractors, as required.
- Ensures equipment and operator availability to achieve safety, quality and production targets.
- Conducts performance evaluations and ensures training records are up to date and accurate.
- Actively participates in Management Reviews and departmental general inspections.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
TYPICAL END RESULTS:
- Strong behavior based safety culture with no reportable safety incidences or lost time accidents.
- No environmental non-compliance events or reportable spills.
- Product targets are met.
- Budgetary constraints met.
- Knowledge of behavior based safety systems is beneficial.
- Knowledge of mineral processing techniques is beneficial.
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation equipment is required.
- Working knowledge of industrial mobile equipment and their safe use is required.
- Knowledge of administrative techniques, including planning, scheduling, training and budgetary control functions is required.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement/lean manufacturing systems is beneficial.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software suite is beneficial.
- Skills & Abilities:
- Proven commitment to behavioral based safety culture.
- Proven ability to make sound recommendations for solving problems and increasing efficiency is required.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare clear, complete and concise correspondence and complete operating reports.
- Proven ability to interact in a positive manner with technicians, management and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate, schedule, assign, supervise, review and evaluate the work of a subordinate staff.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and effectively implement change.
- Must be able to clearly and effectively communicate both orally and in writing in English.
- Ability to troubleshoot process systems is beneficial.
- Must be able to obtain Industrial Waste Water Treatment Plant Operators license.
- Must be able to work well with others.
- High school diploma or equivalent or higher education
At least five (5) years of responsible supervisory experience in an industrial operation, Ore Processing Plant is preferred.
- Language Skills:
Must be able to clearly communicate in English, both orally and in writing.
- Mathematics Ability:
Must be able to perform basic mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Reasoning ability:
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to use logical thinking to troubleshoot problems.
- Ability to assess competing priorities and establish a clear plan for accomplishing multiple tasks.
- Ability to assess operating data from multiple sources, identify trends and changing conditions, assess equipment problems, and take specific actions to maintain site-wide objectives.
- Distinguishing Features:
Managing Process Operations at Haile Gold Mine is crucial to all aspects of the project. The person filling this role must be willing and thoroughly committed to proactively manage the multitude of variables associated with operating a complex process facility.
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK 12 HOUR ROTATING SHIFTS INCLUDING DAYS, NIGHTS, WEEKENDS AND HOLDAYS
26 Oct 2018
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 31 Jan 2019