JOB RESPONSIBILITES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for all aspects of safety: monitoring, defining problems, data collection and analysis, reporting and data entry.
- Demonstrate safety awareness and be a visible safety champion.
- Conduct multifunctional inspections and document observations and action items.
- Develop JHA’s and SOP’s, as needed.
- Ensure use of PPE and safe work practices.
- Maintain INX database and ensure that all workhours, incidents and near misses are properly recorded
- Develop, maintain, review, investigate and close out INX events/records.
- Contribute to safety meetings with key statistics and relevant topics for presentation.
- Assist staff with incident and accident investigations, maintain report records, and facilitate root cause analysis. Be proactive in completing and closing out action items.
- Assist with rehabilitation programs for employees on restricted duties.
- Coordinate external HS&E training courses and educate staff on site policies.
- Maintain emergency preparedness, and coordinate evacuation and fire drills.
- Monitor first aid, firefighting and emergency response equipment.
- Conduct other safety-related duties as assigned.
- Must be familiar with MSHA requirements.
- Must be familiar with the site policies and practices within the first six months of employment.
Skills & Abilities:
- Must understand behavior-based monitoring and auditing
- Must be able to manage safety data
- Must be able to prepare reports for management and applicable agencies
- Must be able to oversee compliance for active mine site
- Should be a self-starter and able to work at times with limited supervision
- Must be highly organized, innovative and committed to continuous improvement related to applicable safety laws and regulations
- Should be able to function both independently and as a contributing member of the HS&E team
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Should be able to establish effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, and Excel programs
- Must have Bachelor’s degree in safety science/engineering or other related resource fields.
- Five (5) years’ experience in a similar position in the mining industry, is preferred.
- Those candidates with less experience may be considered, depending on qualifications.
Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered for meeting the minimum requirement.
- Should possess ability to discuss and present technical related information with regulatory agencies, officials and management.
- Should be able to perform college level math.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Acts in a manner that builds trust and demonstrates integrity.
- Develops and maintains a positive working relationship with others.
- Respects the unique contributions of all individuals.
- Supports a working environment where differences are appreciated, valued and encouraged.
- Seeks to understand the circumstances, needs and perspectives of others.
- Promotes high levels of accountability and employee empowerment.
- Committed to continuously improving the safe and efficient operation of the process.
- Acts with a sense of urgency when troubleshooting and resolving problems.
- Excellent time management skills are required.
- Able to assist team members with duties when needed.
- Must be able to follow verbal directions.
- Must be able to work well alone, or with a partner or team.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs, talk, hear and see.
- Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects (up to 30 pounds) during the course of the workday.
- Work is in a mine setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity.
- Company will provide personal protective equipment when performing work in a mine environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required.
- Oceana Gold promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing.
8 Jan 2019
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 30 Apr 2019