Electrician - Day Shift Only
- New Zealand's largest gold mine
- Southern Cross medical insurance
- Join a high performing crew
Due to two of our Electricians being promoted to Leading Hands we are looking for two experienced industrial Electricians to join their high performing crews.
Bring your methodical approach, project coordination experience, and your proven industrial electrical skills to this high performing Process Plant team environment.
With a staff of over 550 dedicated men and woman at the Macraes Operation, working a 24/7 roster; one role is seven days on seven days off, the other seven days on seven days off seven nights on seven nights off, Tuesday to Monday. Please apply here for the Day Shift Only roster.
Both roles offer a competitive remuneration package including medical insurance for yourself and subsidised for your partner and children.
Working on an attractive even time roster means you can enjoy more time doing the things you enjoy outside of work!
Reporting to the Electrical Leading Hand you will be responsible for maintaining the electrical systems in the process plant and all surface high voltage equipment, in order to optimise plant efficiency and site wide power reticulation and distribution.
You will role model our Company Values and Crucial Behaviours while ensuring industry best practice and following mining regulations and our approved procedures. The Electrician role is guaranteed to challenge and stimulate your thinking and grow you as a leader in the electrical profession.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Installation, calibration, maintenance, repairs and improvements to electrical equipment and instrumentation including DCS
- Diagnose and rectify faults using the 5P model for problem solving
- Update electrical circuit drawings
- Modify and upgrade PLC programs as required
- Assist the Leading Hand and Maintenance and Shut-down Planner with scoping and scheduling of electrical work
- Accurately record all work completed and modifications on time sheets and Pronto, Sockeye, INX systems
- Assists with mechanical and operational tasks
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Up to five years post apprenticeship experience in a processing or heavy industry
- Exposure to PLC's, control systems and instrumentation is preferable
- Experience with high voltage switching would be advantageous
- ERWB New Zealand registration essential, with the NZ Mining endorsement highly regarded
- An understanding of computer based procurement and H&S systems such as Pronto, Sockeye, INX
A full, clean and current driver's licence is essential, and competence driving a manual vehicle over rough terrain.
You must be able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing.
Who are we?
Check us out - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3GLDMsEkHA
About the company
OceanaGold Corporation is a mid-tier, multinational gold producer with assets in the Philippines, New Zealand and the United States. On the North Island of New Zealand, the Company operates the high-grade Waihi Gold Mine while on the South Island; the Company operates the country's largest gold mine, the Macraes Goldfield.
At OceanaGold, health and safety is paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviours that align with our values.
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close Thursday, 28 February 2019.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
1 Feb 2019
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Macraes Operations
- Date expires:
- 28 Feb 2019
- Trade Services >> Electrician