Exploration Drill Assistant
JOB RESPONSIBILITES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Sets up and assists driller to bore exploration holes within and outside of mine property.
- Installs additional drill stems when needed.
- Collects drill cuttings and core for geochemical and environmental sampling.
- Assists with mixing and pumping drilling additives.
- Replaces broken or worn parts, using hand tools. Lubricates equipment.
- Places wooden stakes and tags to mark drill hole locations.
- Performs other work required
- Performs all duties and activities in a manner which conforms to safety and environmental requirements.
- Practices good housekeeping at drill site.
Additional Key Activities:
- Practice and enforce security standards practices
- Work closely with the Geology department to optimize safe, timely drill hole results.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to improve and enhance the drilling process.
- Work with maintenance teams to maximize the safe, efficient operation of the drill equipment.
- Acts in a manner that builds trust and demonstrates integrity.
- Safety: Complete pre-shift inspection and document use of PPE and housekeeping; participate in safety meetings and programs.
- Knowledge of Federal and State law and the ability to make judgments regarding safety and regulations.
- Skills & Abilities:
- Team building skills
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- High school diploma or equivalent.
4 Mar 2019
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 30 Apr 2019