Light Vehicle Mechanic
- Day shift only roster
- Enjoy the outdoors lifestyle of the Otago region
- Competitive salary plus Southern Cross medical insurance
Working an attractive rotating five days on, two off then four days on, three off day shift only roster means you can enjoy the outdoor lifestyle that the region has to offer or be there for the kids.
You already know what you will be doing as a Light Vehicle Mechanic, at Macraes you will repair, maintain, rebuild, service and inspect our surface light vehicle mining fleet and ancillary plant machinery.
Experience as a mechanic with a strong focus on safety, and excellent communication skills are crucial to your success in this role along with a proven ability to work under pressure and independently.
Want to know more about what it is like working for OceanaGold? View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3GLDMsEkHA
So, what's in it for you?
- A competitive salary based on experience
- Southern Cross medical insurance for you and subsidised for your partner and dependent children
- PPE gear
- Training and development
- Bus service between Dunedin and the mine site
You will bring with you:
- a trade qualification in automotive engineering as well as a minimum three years post apprenticeship experience
- strong diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- ideally certificates in: first aid; forklift; NZTA Vehicle Inspector; overhead gantry and non-slewing crane; rigging and slinging and work at height to the relevant NZ standards
- the ability to work independently whilst maintaining a high quality of work
- a high standard of safety
- a full, clean, current driver's licence and confident driving a manual vehicle
- the ability to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing.
About the company
OceanaGold Corporation is a mid-tier, multinational gold producer with assets in the Philippines, New Zealand and the United States. On the North Island of New Zealand, the Company operates the high-grade Waihi Gold Mine while on the South Island; the Company operates the country's largest gold mine, the Macraes Goldfield.
At OceanaGold, health and safety is paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviours that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT - INTEGRITY - TEAMWORK - INNOVATION - ACTION - ACCOUNTABILITY
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and a smoke-free worksite.
Applications close Thursday, 4 April 2019.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
7 Mar 2019
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Macraes Operations
- Date expires:
- 4 Apr 2019