- Are you interested in working outdoors for up to 12 hours a day, alongside drillers and geologists?
- Are comfortable with physical repetitive work?
Please note this is not a graduate geologist role and a formal qualification is not required.
You will be learning about ore samples, health and safety, and an aspect of the gold mining industry. On the job support and mentoring goes hand in hand with the experience you will bring to this field based role.
You will need to be prepared to work near large mobile mining equipment, in a potentially dusty, cold or hot, wet, and windy environment. Providing day to day support to our Open Pit Mining team at Macraes.
Working on an attractive seven days on, seven days off roster with rotating day and night shifts means you can enjoy the outdoors lifestyle that the region offers.
Key tasks and responsibilities
Some of the key tasks you will be performing include the following:
- Following set processes to collect samples onsite
- Communicating any issues relating to the quality of the samples
- Assisting with housekeeping and maintenance of storage facilities
- Data entry and administration
- Ensuring all incidents and hazards are reported
To be successful in these roles you will:
- have a genuine interest in the mining industry
- enjoy working outdoors in all weathers
- have excellent fitness and the ability to lift up to 20kg
- be comfortable using MS Office
- have completed a minimum of NCEA Level 2 or equivalent in Maths and English
- be able to communicate within a team environment
- hold a full, clean, current driver's licence and must be comfortable driving a manual vehicle over rough terrain.
You must be able to pass a pre-employment medical and fitness assessment including drug and alcohol testing.
About the company
OceanaGold Corporation is a mid-tier, multinational gold producer with assets in the Philippines, New Zealand and the United States. On the North Island of New Zealand, the Company operates the high-grade Waihi Gold Mine while on the South Island; the Company operates the country's largest gold mine, the Macraes Goldfield.
At OceanaGold, health and safety is paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviours that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | INTEGRITY | TEAMWORK | INNOVATION | ACTION | ACCOUNTABILITY
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close Thursday, 4 April 2019.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
Short listing of applications will commence immediately.
7 Mar 2019
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Macraes Operations
- Date expires:
- 4 Apr 2019