JOB RESPONSIBILITES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinate with the strategic planning function to ensure rolling mining schedules adhere to LOM objectives.
- Produce rolling daily, weekly, 4 weekly, 12 weekly and annual mining schedules.
- Mine ore and waste generally in accordance with the budget and LOM plan, but continually seek to improve on the annual/LOM plan by finessing the pit designs, haul profiles and dump locations.
- Provide engineering support to optimise blasting practices to optimise blasting performance.
- Prepare the annual mining budget and prepare periodic reports on production activities, including regular forecasts of future mining production and costs.
- Manage and coordinate the mine engineering and survey labor resources to ensure effective mine production and grade control can be achieved.
- Monitor the execution of the short term plan in the field to ensure critical path targets are achieved
- Monitor as built progress against design and report variances to the mine operations group
- Manage the mine recording and reporting system to ensure reliable information is maintained and presented to end-users.
- Ensures mining is planned and implemented to maximise the recovery of ore and minimise mining dilution.
- Uses reconciliation data to ensure that the defined ore is optimally mined and ensures reliable grade and tonnage predictions.
- Develop a sense of continuous improvement and ensure appropriate training programs are in place to meet safety and production requirements.
- Conduct performance appraisals and ensure human and industrial relations issues are handled in a timely and effective manner.
- Complies with all safety requirements and observes all company policies and procedures.
- Carries out all other duties that may reasonably be required.
- Mine Engineering degree
- Eligibility for membership of a professional body desirable.
- 7 - 10 years mining experience with at least five years of exposure to the gold mining industry in an open pit environment.
- Previous and proven supervisory experience.
10 Apr 2019
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 31 May 2019