Graduate Mining Engineer Programme
- Two year fixed-term
- Competitive New Zealand remuneration
- Subsidised accommodation and return flights
Kia Ora! Kick start your mining career with Macraes!
We're driven by innovation and leading practice, and OceanaGold Macraes has been responsibly operating for 29 years.
Providing graduate Mine Engineers an environment where they will be able to meet and exceed their career aspirations while providing OceanaGold (New Zealand) Ltd with a talent pool for our future management and technical leaders.
The Graduate Programme runs for two years and involves practical and technical rotations, including six months at another OceanaGold mining operation, to ensure your skills enable you to realise your full potential.
We have a number of rosters onsite
Monday to Friday:
- 7.00am - 4.30pm
Eight days on, six days off
- 7.00am - 7.00pm
Seven days on, seven days off, seven nights on, seven nights off:
- 7.00am - 7.00pm or 7.00pm - 7.00am
The roster will be determined by the operational area you are placed in.
Why join our programme?
From day one you will have real career prospects, real responsibilities, and real opportunities to apply to your theoretical learnings.
You will receive:
- a two year fixed-term employment contract
- flight to New Zealand (return if a permanent role is not secured)
- eligibility to the Company Half Yearly Bonus Scheme
- competitive New Zealand Remuneration
- subsidised accommodation in Dunedin or live at Macraes free
- bus service to and from the Macraes Mine site
- visa assistance if required.
An induction programme followed by on-the-job learning opportunities designed to expose you to a wide range of mining issues. A development programme designed to support you in being work ready with supervisory and leadership skills, provide feedback and direction to help you progress your career as a Mining Engineer.
The industry qualifications you will work towards are mutually accepted in mining in New Zealand and Australia.
- the NZ WorkSafe Certificate of Competency (CoC)
- the WA Quarry Manager
- First-Class Mine Manager Certificates of Competency.
You may even secure a permanent role with Oceana Gold (New Zealand) at the end of the two year Graduate Programme.
What you will bring:
- a completed undergraduate degree in mining engineering
- enthusiasm, curiosity and a genuine desire to work in New Zealand for a minimum of two years
- a full, clean and current driving licence is essential, as is confidence driving a manual vehicle over rough terrain
- you must be able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing.
Need to know more?
Email the Macraes HR team - firstname.lastname@example.org
Who are we
Check us out - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3GLDMsEkHA
About the company
OceanaGold Corporation is a mid-tier, multinational gold producer with assets in the Philippines, New Zealand and the United States. On the North Island of New Zealand, the Company operates the high-grade Waihi Gold Mine while on the South Island; the Company operates the country's largest gold mine, the Macraes Goldfield.
At OceanaGold, health and safety is paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviours that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | INTEGRITY | TEAMWORK | INNOVATION | ACTION | ACCOUNTABILITY
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close Sunday, 1 September 2019.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
27 Mar 2019
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Macraes Operations
- Date expires:
- 1 Sep 2019