Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide tactical geotechnical advice to Haile Gold Mine operations.
- Provide assistance to the operations on technical issues that arise and work towards assisting the mining managers to foresee looming issues in the maintenance of pit slopes, tailings impoundments and waste dumps.
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of geotechnical engineering practices across the HGM group.
- Manage and operate required software and other systems to assist in geotechnical evaluations.
- Comply with all safety requirements and observes all company policies and procedures.
- Perform Geotechnical Mapping.
- Carry out all other duties that may reasonably be required.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Geological engineering, Geology, Mine engineering, Civil Engineering or related field.
Valid Drivers Licence
OP hard rock mining experience desired.
Knowledgeable of slope monitoring and slope stability analysis (i.e. Rocscience, GeoSlope) software for mine design and project scoping.
Experience: Two - three years’ experience in Geotechnical Engineering, pit slope design and wall control monitoring.
Have experience, in open cut environments.
Have previous experience in open pit slope design and monitoring.
7 May 2019
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 30 Jun 2019