Short Range Planning Engineer
JOB RESPONSIBILITES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Produce Daily, and Weekly mine plan
- Review final and interim mine designs for operational effectiveness and safety
- Schedule the mining of ore and waste generally in accordance with the Monthly forecast, but seek opportunities to reduce cost and improve efficiency by finessing haul profiles and dump locations.
- Mentor and upskill junior mine engineering staff, interns.
- Monitor the execution of the short term plan in the field to ensure critical path targets are achieved.
- Monitor as built progress against design and report variances to the mine operations group
- Allocate daily survey tasks and insure work is organised for maximum efficiency.
- Ensures mining is planned and implemented to maximise the recovery of ore and minimise mining dilution.
- Develop a sense of continuous improvement, seek to streamline production planning process and minimise the gap between plan and execution.
- Complies with all safety requirements and observes all company policies and procedures.
- Carries out all other duties that may reasonably be required.
- Tertiary qualification(s) in Engineering; and
- Eligibility for membership of a professional body desirable.
- 1-5 years of production experience in a hardrock open pit mining environment
17 May 2019
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 30 Jun 2019