JOB RESPONSIBILITES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Lead a team of professional and technical staff to maximize operational efficiencies in all areas of the mill with a focus on safety, environmental stewardship, and timely quality results.
- Support and promote an environment of participatory management, employee ownership, and continuous improvement.
- Ensure the process operates at a high level of technical performance.
- Investigate and implement opportunities to improve productivity and align them with the organization’s overall strategy.
- Investigate options and recommend short and long term projects and approaches to enhance efficiency and cost effectiveness of the process.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Detailed understanding of Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) requirements.
- Detailed knowledge of comminution, flotation, CIL, carbon handling, refining, cyanide destruction.
- Detailed knowledge of analytical and metallurgical laboratory operations.
- Detailed knowledge of the principles and methods used in complex metallurgical and processing systems and analyses.
- Knowledge of plant process control systems including advanced process control techniques.
- Detailed knowledge of Metallurgical accounting procedures and gold standards protocols.
- Familiar with Pi OSisoft and analytics
- Sound knowledge of participatory management practices including root cause analysis, SPC and lean manufacturing.
- Good working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation programs.
Skills & Abilities:
- Proven commitment to behavior based safety culture.
- Proven ability to develop and promote technical talent.
- Proven ability to interact with all levels of employees in a positive and cooperative manner for mutual success and the success of the company.
- Ability to review progress and to ensure the achievement of targets.
- Ability to set priorities and allocate resources accordingly.
- Ability to develop and implement business practices and policies within the team.
- Ability to quantify economic benefits associated with proposed and implemented process modifications.
- Ability to effectively manage capital and operating budgets.
- Ability to coach technical professionals in a direction that honors their goals.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written, with both internal and external contacts and the ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented and the ability to work with others in a team environment.
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Mineral Processing, Metallurgy or Chemical Engineering,
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in ore processing operations with experience in supervising / leading teams and people.
- An advanced level of oral and written communication skills in English is required.
- The ability to write and review detailed technical reports is required.
- College level mathematics skills required.
30 May 2019
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 31 Jul 2019