JOB RESPONSIBILITES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Support all aspects of environmental permitting and on site environmental compliance. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, monitoring, auditing, reporting and data management
- Oversee solid and hazardous waste management program (waste profiling, characterization, collection, manifesting, and shipping) including the SPCC program.
- Oversee spill responses and assure reclamation actions comply with SC regulations.
- Oversee Air Permit compliance.
- Lead and facilitate regulator inspections and audits.
- Conduct environmental training programs (RCRA, DOT, SWPPP, SPCC, Method 9, etc.)
- Assist with field & laboratory sampling, if needed.
- Assist in development of an effective and efficient site environmental management system.
- Manage environmental database.
- Must be familiar with various regulatory requirements including those of the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC), EPA and USACE
- Must be familiar with the regulatory requirements of Department of Transportation (DOT), Community Right To Know (SARA), CERCLA, HAZWOPER
- Skills & Abilities:
- Must be capable of performing routine water, waste and air monitoring
- Must be able to manage environmental data
- Must be able to prepare reports for applicable agencies
- Must be able to oversee compliance for active mine site and associated lab
- Should be a self-starter and able to work at times with limited supervision
- Must be highly organized, innovative and committed to continuous improvement related to applicable environmental laws and regulations
- Should be able to function both independently and as a contributing member of the Environmental team
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Should be able to establish effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, and Excel programs
- Must have Bachelor’s degree in environmental science/engineering, geology, hydrology or other related resource fields.
- Five (5) years’ experience in a similar position in the mining industry, is required.
- Those candidates with less experience may be considered, depending on qualifications.
Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered for meeting the minimum requirement.
30 May 2019
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 31 Jul 2019