Underground Shift Supervisor
- Great residential location
- Attractive roster
- New Zealand A or B Grade Tunnel Managers Certificate of Competency or Australian equivalent
If you are a Kiwi looking to return home or looking for a residential role whilst working in mining this could be just the role for you!
Waihi has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Underground Shift Supervisor to join the crew. Reporting to the Underground Mine Foreman, your primary responsibility is to supervise underground mining activities and support personnel to achieve shift production targets in a timely and safe manner.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Regularly monitoring the workplace for safe and healthy work practices and actively promote mine safety
- Coordinate the daily activities of underground miners in accordance with weekly production schedule
- Coordinating blasting during the shift
- Monitor the reporting of workplace incidents and hazard to ensure effective risk mitigation
- Ensure human and employment relation issues are handled in a timely and effective manner
- Undertake reviews of standard operating procedures to ensure application effectiveness and compliance
- Assign tasks according to individuals abilities and agree what is to be accomplished. Give clear instructions, actively listen, provide constructive feedback, and hold regular meetings
The successful candidate will have:
- New Zealand A or B Grade Tunnel Managers Certificate of Competency
- Previous supervisor experience is preferred but is not essential
- Extensive knowledge of practices and techniques applied in metalliferous underground mining
- An intermediate level of computer literacy
- Strong communication and leadership skills
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team committed to achieving an injury free work environment, who have a high regard for personal safety, fitness for work, and the safety of their workmates.
About the company
OceanaGold Corporation is a mid-tier, multinational gold producer with assets in the Philippines, New Zealand and the United States. On the North Island of New Zealand, the Company operates the high-grade Waihi Gold Mine while on the South Island; the Company operates the country's largest gold mine, the Macraes Goldfield.
At OceanaGold, health and safety is paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviours that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | INTEGRITY | TEAMWORK | INNOVATION | ACTION | ACCOUNTABILITY
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close Friday, 28 June 2019.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
4 Jun 2019
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Waihi Operations
- Date expires:
- 28 Jun 2019
- Mining >> Management