Serviceperson - Fixed-term 12 months
- Entry level mechanical servicing opportunities
- Enjoy the outdoors lifestyle of the Otago region
- Seven days on, seven days off rotating day/night roster
Want to work half of the year?
Working on an attractive seven days on, seven days off roster with rotating day and night shifts means you can enjoy the outdoor lifestyle that the region has to offer or be there for the kids.
While experience working in an open-pit mining environment or with heavy earthmoving equipment is ideal, a genuine interest in vehicle servicing, maintenance and heavy machinery is more essential to this role.
Want to know more about what it is like working for OceanaGold? View
Working in a positive team environment where knowledge is shared and training is provided.
On the job support and mentoring goes hand in hand with the experience you will bring to the open-pit maintenance team.
You will need to be prepared to work near large mobile mining equipment, in a potentially dusty, cold, hot, wet, and windy environment.
Key tasks and responsibilities
Some of the key responsibilities include the following:
- Filter and oil changes
- Re-fuelling of mining vehicles
- Ensuring fuel and oil delivery connections are free from contamination
- Maintenance and repair duties as required
- Following process and procedures
- Communicating with the wider maintenance team
- Helping to keep you and your work mate's safe
Ideally you will bring with you one to three years mechanical maintenance experience or a trade qualification, however the following are just as important.
- Enjoy solving problems
- Be curious about the mechanical workings of a vehicle
- Be able to communicate within a team environment
- Have a genuine interest in the mining industry
- Be able to work independently
- Hold a full, clean, current driver's licence
- Have NCEA Level 2 or equivalent in Maths and English (desirable)
- Be able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing.
About the company
OceanaGold Corporation is a mid-tier, multinational gold producer with assets in the Philippines, New Zealand and the United States. On the North Island of New Zealand, the Company operates the high-grade Waihi Gold Mine while on the South Island; the Company operates the country's largest gold mine, the Macraes Goldfield.
At OceanaGold, health and safety is paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviours that align with our values.
To apply - due to ongoing technical difficulties, please register with us through our careers page and then forward a copy of your CV and contact information through to our local HR team for consideration at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that applications will only be accepted using the method for the Serviceman's role.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | INTEGRITY | TEAMWORK | INNOVATION | ACTION | ACCOUNTABILITY
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close Tuesday, 18 June 2019.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
6 Jun 2019
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Macraes Operations
- Date expires:
- 18 Jun 2019