Process Operations Superintendent
JOB RESPONSIBILITES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Lead a team of operating personnel to maximize operational efficiencies in all areas of process and minimize unscheduled downtime with a focus on safety and environmental stewardship
• Support and promote a working environment of participatory management and continuous improvement
• Investigate and implement opportunities to increase competitive advantages and align them with the organization’s overall strategy
• Lead the development of all maintenance and operating systems, procedures and protocols necessary for safe and efficient operation of all process facilities
1. Detailed knowledge of mineral process unit operations for recovering gold from pyrite ore.
2. Experience with plant control systems such as PLC with HMI or DCS and and use of data historian trends for operating and reporting functions.
3. Experience with Preventative and Predictive Maintenance techniques.
4. Experience in supervising and managing personnel in heavy industrial environment.
5. Experience and thorough understanding of Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) requirements.
6. Knowledge and training in Root Cause Analysis methods.
7. Sound knowledge of participatory management practices including SPC and lean manufacturing.
8. Good working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation programs.
Skills & Abilities:
1. Ability to ensure that work areas and process operations are in compliance with all operating permits, EHS policies and regulations.
2. Ability to supervise and manage multiple crews of full-time employees and contractors.
3. Proven ability to interact with all levels of employees in a positive and cooperative manner for mutual success and the success of the company.
4. Ability to review progress and to ensure the achievement of targets.
5. Ability to set priorities and allocate resources accordingly.
6. Develop and implement business practices and policies within the process team.
7. Ability to quantify economic benefits associated with proposed and implemented process modifications.
- BS in Mineral Process Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or other related field is preferred.
- Satisfactory combination of education and experience in the job related functions of this job will be considered as substitute for items listed above.
- Ten (10) years of supervisory experience in mineral process plant environment. Gold processing is preferred.
- Previous experience supervising, enhancing and monitoring a team of operators.
- Experience developing systems and measures that appropriately assess the process team’s performance.
17 Jun 2019
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 31 Jul 2019