Mechanical and Compliance Coordinator
- Lead mining industry regulatory compliance and process improvement
- Competitive NZ salary, medical insurance and performance bonus
- CoC Mechanical Superintendent required **
Want to make a change?
Join New Zealand's largest gold mine, based in East Otago. A dynamic, challenging and fast paced environment, this role is guaranteed to challenge and stimulate your thinking and grow you professionally.
Bring your proven influencing skills, in-depth mining maintenance and compliance experience, agile and flexible approach to your work, solutions focus, and enjoyment of working within a collaborative environment.
Lead from the front, overseeing and ensuring compliance with all Company and regulatory requirements. Critical to the role is progressing the development of continuous improvement relating to the Macraes Mine Maintenance safety culture, Crucial Behaviours and application of the relevant legal standards.
Key tasks and responsibilities
Some of the tasks you will be performing are the following:
(please request a copy of the position description)
- Monitor and improve monthly safety inspections and audits for all workshop areas
- Reviewing and updating OP maintenance SOP's, Policies, Risk Assessments, Principal Hazard Management Critical Controls Compliance Audits and Principal Control plans
- Crucial Behaviours Champion providing leadership and coaching to establish a strong culture of continuous improvement
- Identify, analyse and implement appropriate improvements that results in enhanced safety levels
- Produce the 'Return to Work Presentations', collate and provide relevant content from internal and external sources
- Conduct workshop induction training for all requirements outside of the site general induction process
- Weekly and monthly 'Stop and Think' and JHA statistics, covering; compliance, quality and the effectiveness of hazard identification and controls implemented
- Assist the maintenance superintendent with the annual budget process for health and safety related compliance costs.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- Hold a current WorkSafe NZ Certificate of Competency (CoC) as a Mechanical Superintendent; or ** are in the final stages of obtaining the CoC
- Ideally a minimum of seven to ten years' mechanical maintenance experience within a large heavy earthmoving environment
- A genuine interest or passion for safety and compliance
- Proven experience as a people leader or trades supervisor
- Relevant engineering or mechanical trades certifications
- Experience reviewing and writing SOPs.
A full, clean and current driving licence is essential. You must be able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing.
Who are we?
Check us out - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3GLDMsEkHA
About the company
OceanaGold Corporation is a mid-tier, multinational gold producer with assets in the Philippines, New Zealand and the United States. On the North Island of New Zealand, the Company operates the high-grade Waihi Gold Mine while on the South Island; the Company operates the country's largest gold mine, the Macraes Goldfield.
At OceanaGold, health and safety is paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviours that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | INTEGRITY | TEAMWORK | INNOVATION | ACTION | ACCOUNTABILITY
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close Sunday, 21 July 2019.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
3 Jul 2019
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Macraes Operations
- Date expires:
- 21 Jul 2019
- Mining >> Maintenance Personnel