Boilermaker / Engineer
- Open Pit Mining Maintenance Workshop
- Attractive roster of 7 days on, 7 off, 7 nights on
- Enjoy the outdoors lifestyle of the Otago region
Reporting to the Fleet Maintenance Supervisor the primary responsibilities of the Boilermaker is to safely and efficiently perform welding, general engineering and fabrication to repair and maintain open pit mining machinery.
Working in a positive team environment where knowledge is shared, and ongoing training is provided, you will ensure we are implementing industry best practice and following our approved SOPs.
Roster is seven days on, seven off, seven nights on, seven off and hours of work are 5.15am/pm - 5.45pm/am.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Routine inspections, monitoring, and recording the condition of and replacement of G.E.T and wear package materials on machinery attachments for all open pit mining equipment
- Planned maintenance and inspections of the site facilities, tooling and other workshop equipment
- Monitor and record wear rates of wear package materials on buckets, blades and bodies
- Assess, plan and supervise engineering projects and complete reporting
- Record and report usage of all components, parts and other resources on work-order job cards
- General welding repairs and light fabrication work
- Attending and assisting with breakdowns of the mining fleet and ancillary plant as required
- Maintain high levels of housekeeping
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- A National Certificate in Engineering - Fabrication (Level 4) or similar
- Excellent communication skills and effective decision-making skills
- Proven ability working under pressure
- Ideally certificates in: first aid; forklift; overhead crane; rigging and slinging and work at height to the relevant NZ standards
- Ideally at least five years' experience within an open pit mining environment or other heavy industry
- The ability to work well in a team environment and independently whilst maintaining a high quality of work
About the company
OceanaGold Corporation is a mid-tier, multinational gold producer with assets in the Philippines, New Zealand and the United States. On the North Island of New Zealand, the Company operates the high-grade Waihi Gold Mine while on the South Island; the Company operates the country's largest gold mine, the Macraes Goldfield.
At OceanaGold, health and safety is paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviours that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | INTEGRITY | TEAMWORK | INNOVATION | ACTION | ACCOUNTABILITY
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close Sunday, 21 July 2019.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
Shortlisting for this role will commence immediately.
3 Jul 2019
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Macraes Operations
- Date expires:
- 21 Jul 2019
- Trade Services >> Boilermaker - Welder