Fixed-term - Process Operator
- Based at Macraes Process Plant
- Seven days on / seven days off roster
- Introduction to Mining
The team at the Macraes Processing Plant are seeking a motivated crew member to join them on a six month fixed-term contract. You will be provided with ongoing training in support of this role and become part of a positive and hard-working team. Excellent communication skills and a proactive approach to safety are a must in this environment as well as a proven ability to work under pressure both independently and within a team.
Reporting to the Process Shift Coordinator you will be responsible for operating and optimising areas of the Process Plant including Services. Working on a rotating day and night shift pattern 6.45am/pm to 7pm/am, this roster will also allow you to enjoy the lifestyle that the region has to offer or spend time with the kids.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Operating different areas of the process plant including Reagents and services.
- Assist with mechanical and electrical tasks
- Reporting and recording of information
- Assist with shutdowns
- Identifying opportunities for improvement and implementing approved changes
To be successful in the role:
- Previous processing plant experience, or similar would be advantageous
- Forklift, crane, truck and skid steer loader experience is an advantage
- Previous experience with DCS would be highly regarded
- Full and current driver's licence, and the confidence to drive manual vehicles is a must
About the company
OceanaGold Corporation is a mid-tier, multinational gold producer with assets in the Philippines, New Zealand and the United States. On the North Island of New Zealand, the Company operates the high-grade Waihi Gold Mine while on the South Island; the Company operates the country's largest gold mine, the Macraes Goldfield.
At OceanaGold, health and safety is paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviours that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | INTEGRITY | TEAMWORK | INNOVATION | ACTION | ACCOUNTABILITY
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close Friday, 19 July 2019.
Interviewing for this role will start immediately.
5 Jul 2019
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Macraes Operations
- Date expires:
- 19 Jul 2019
- Mining >> Mining Operators