Field Technician - Exploration (fixed-term contract till 20 December 2019)
- Fit, strong and love the outdoors
- Based at Macraes
- Rostered shift - eight days on, six days off, 7am to 7pm
Do you enjoy working outdoors for up to 12 hours a day?
Are comfortable with physical repetitive work?
And want to be part of a positive team? this could be the new job you are looking for!
A degree qualification is not a requirement.
You will be learning about ore samples, health and safety, and an aspect of the mining industry.
Working in a positive, performance-orientated team environment where knowledge is shared, and training is provided.
On the job support and mentoring goes hand in hand with the experience you will bring to this field-based role.
Key tasks and responsibilities
Some of the key tasks you will be performing include the following:
- Following set processes to collect samples onsite
- Communicating any issues relating to the quality of the samples
- Assisting with housekeeping and maintenance of storage facilities
- Data entry and administration
- Ensuring all incidents and hazards are reported
To be successful in these roles you will have the following:
- Have a genuine interest in the mining industry
- Enjoy working outdoors in all weathers
- Have excellent fitness, strength and stamina to lift up to 25kg throughout your day
- Be comfortable using MS Excel
- Have completed a minimum of NCEA Level 2 or equivalent in Maths and English
- Be able to communicate within a team environment
- Hold a full, clean, current driver's licence and must be comfortable driving a manual vehicle over rough terrain
You must be able to pass a pre-employment medical and fitness assessment including drug and alcohol testing.
About the company
OceanaGold Corporation is a mid-tier, multinational gold producer with assets in the Philippines, New Zealand and the United States. On the North Island of New Zealand, the Company operates the high-grade Waihi Gold Mine while on the South Island; the Company operates the country's largest gold mine, the Macraes Goldfield.
At OceanaGold, health and safety is paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviours that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | INTEGRITY | TEAMWORK | INNOVATION | ACTION | ACCOUNTABILITY
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close Monday, 22 July 2019.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
10 Jul 2019
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Macraes Operations
- Date expires:
- 22 Jul 2019
- Mining >> Geological Technicians