Energy Graduate Engineer
- Two year fixed-term
- Competitive New Zealand Remuneration
- Subsidised accommodation and return flights
Kick start your mining career with Macraes! We have a newly established role to join our experienced and high functioning Process Plant team in a project focused operational position supporting both the Macraes and Waihi mine sites.
Focused on reducing energy consumption across our two active New Zealand mine sites by 2.5GWh, this role will be responsible for identifying and evaluating energy-related projects and programs to assist us with this target. Working closely with the Metallurgical Superintendent your goal will be to find continuous efficiencies in our operational processes at the Process Plant and report back on any performance improvements that result from these programs.
The OceanaGold (New Zealand) Ltd Graduate Programme not only allows you to apply your qualifications to a tangible real-world project, it also provides you with a supportive environment to meet and exceed your career aspirations through mentoring and active contribution to the wider Plant operations.
Working Monday - Friday (7.00am - 4.30pm), The Graduate Programme runs for two years and involves both practical and technical rotations, including six months at another OceanaGold mining operation, to ensure your skills enable you to realise your full potential.
Why join our programme
From day one you will have real career prospects, real responsibilities and real opportunities to apply to your theoretical learnings.
You will receive the following:
- A two year fixed term employment contract
- Flight to New Zealand (return if a permanent role is not secured)
- Eligibility to the Company Half Yearly Bonus Scheme
- Competitive New Zealand remuneration
- Subsidised accommodation in Dunedin or live at Macraes free
- Bus service to and from the Macraes Mine site
- Visa assistance if required
An induction programme followed by on-the-job learning opportunities will expose you to a wide range of mining issues and a development programme designed specifically to enhance your supervisory and leadership skills and support your progression through feedback and mentoring will be provided to support you on site also.
You may even secure a permanent role with OceanaGold (New Zealand) at the end of the two year Graduate Programme.
What you will bring:
- A completed undergraduate degree in Process Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Metallurgy or the equivalent
- Enthusiasm, curiosity and a genuine desire to work in New Zealand for a minimum of two years
- A full, clean and current driver's licence is essential and an ability to drive a manual preferred
- You must be able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing
- Experience in process engineering environments associated with qualification preferred
- Experience with project development and execution, laboratory test work, energy audits and PI integration software would be well regarded
Who are we
Check us out - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3GLDMsEkHA
About the company
OceanaGold Corporation is a mid-tier, multinational gold producer with assets in the Philippines, New Zealand and the United States. On the North Island of New Zealand, the Company operates the high-grade Waihi Gold Mine while on the South Island; the Company operates the country's largest gold mine, the Macraes Goldfield.
At OceanaGold, health and safety is paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviours that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | INTEGRITY | TEAMWORK | INNOVATION | ACTION | ACCOUNTABILITY
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close Sunday, 1 September 2019.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
15 Jul 2019
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Macraes Operations
- Date expires:
- 1 Sep 2019
- Engineering >> Process Engineer