Principal Resource Geologist
About the company
OceanaGold Corporation is a mid-tier, multinational gold producer with global operating, development and exploration expertise. The Company owns a suite of world class open pit and underground assets located in the Philippines, New Zealand and the United States. The Company's flagship operation is the Didipio Gold-Copper Mine located on the island of Luzon in the Philippines. In New Zealand, OceanaGold is the country's largest gold miner with two operations: the Waihi Gold Mine on the North Island and the Macraes Goldfield on the South Island. In the United States, the Haile Gold Mine, located in South Carolina, achieved commercial production in October 2017.
OceanaGold also has a significant pipeline of organic growth and exploration opportunities in the Americas and Asia-Pacific regions.
Our vision is to be the gold mining company of choice, operating high quality assets delivering superior returns in a responsible manner. We focus on the health and safety of our people and the well-being of our local communities and we are committed to upholding the highest standards in environmental and social sustainability.
We are looking for a Principal Resource Geologist to work full-time within the Company's Project Development team based at Brisbane. This is a great opportunity to apply and develop technical skills across an international portfolio of operational and development projects within an experienced and multidisciplinary team environment.
The Principal Resource Geologist will provide technical guidance and support to our site personnel as well as contribute to project evaluation, development and corporate technical governance.
Job responsibilities/ essential functions
Reporting to the Chief Geologist, you will do the following:
- Assist with conducting and reviewing resource estimates and corporate governance processes for resource tabulation and reporting purposes
- Conduct peer reviews of resource estimates and processes to ensure best practice
- Ensure that resource estimates are reported in accordance with the JORC Code and NI 43-101
- Provide technical guidance and support for operations, scoping, pre-feasibility, feasibility studies and project evaluations
- Contribute towards a collaborative culture to improve geological, geometallurgical and estimation outcomes
The successful candidate will have
- Advanced hands-on resource estimation skills, including linear and non-linear methods
Skills and abilities:
- Strong quantitative capability with a structured scientific and team-based approach to problem solving
- Expertise in geological observation, geo-metallurgical modelling, mapping and logging
- A flair for 3D geological interpretation, 3D modelling and in collating data to test and develop geological concepts
- A demonstrated knowledge of operations, particularly in resource development, production geology, reconciliation
- Strong coaching and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity in meeting ASX and TSX reporting requirements
- A relevant degree in science or applied science major in Geology
- AusIMM Chartered Professional status would be well considered
- Ideally minimum of 12 years geological experience in open pit, underground and near-mine environments, with advanced hands-on resource estimation skills, including linear and non-linear methods
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | INTEGRITY | TEAMWORK | INNOVATION | ACTION | ACCOUNTABILITY
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and are ready to lead, coach and drive culture change then join our team.
Send your Letter of Interest and updated CV to hrCorporate@oceanagold.com
Applications close Friday, 23 August 2019.
13 Aug 2019
- Work Type:
- Date expires:
- 23 Aug 2019
- Scientist >> Geologist