Health and Safety Advisor
- Advancing career opportunity
- Based at Macraes Mine
- Working with the Open Pit Production and Maintenance staff
Are you at the top of your game and looking for an exciting new challenge working alongside other experts in their fields?
OceanaGold are currently seeking a highly-experienced, team and result-focused safety professional to be based at our Macraes site.
Reporting to the Health, Safety and Training Superintendent, this roles focus is providing H&S operational support, implementing and auditing procedures, reporting, record management, Incident investigation, health and safety communication, championing our Crucial Behaviours programme, mentoring and coaching our Open Pit Production and Maintenance staff to ensure industry best practice.
Working in a dynamic, ever changing environment, with men and woman operating world class process plant facilities.
The roster for this role is Monday to Friday, 7am to 4.30pm.
Your skills and experience
To be successful in the role you will have the following:
- Ideally a minimum of three years in a dedicated Health and Safety Advisor role
- Ideally with experience in a heavy industry or the mining sector
- Experience with safety management systems software
- Facilitating risk assessments and JHA's
- ICAM investigations experience is essential
- Experience with 'Return to Work' rehabilitation programmes
- Database maintenance and report writing
- Proven ability in communicating to and engaging with a diverse audience
- Organised, with a planned approach; and the agility to change direction with little notice
- Can work autonomously whilst working within a team environment
- Facilitating inductions
- The ability to interpret and apply the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 and Health and Safety at Work (In Mining and In Quarrying) Regulations 2016 and the relevant Codes of Practice
- Relevant qualification in OH&S or related discipline
- Senior First Aid Certificate
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Management of safety throughout the open pit mining operation
- Assist with mine emergency preparedness
- Facilitate H&S meetings and training
- Incident investigations
- Risk and compliance monitoring, auditing, management and record keeping
- Assist with drug and alcohol testing
- Coordinating 'Return to Work' rehabilitation programmes
- Occupational Hygiene monitoring
- Entering data into our systems and online tools
- Collate and analyse statistics to create weekly and monthly reports
- Role model a safe approach to work and home life
A high commitment to health and safety and the ability to work constructively in a team environment is essential. A current, full drivers licence and confidence driving a manual vehicle over rough terrain are essential. You must be able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing.
About the company
OceanaGold Corporation is a mid-tier, multinational gold producer with assets in the Philippines, New Zealand and the United States. On the North Island of New Zealand, the Company operates the high-grade Waihi Gold Mine while on the South Island; the Company operates the country's largest gold mine, the Macraes Goldfield.
At OceanaGold, health and safety is paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviors that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | INTEGRITY | TEAMWORK | INNOVATION | ACTION | ACCOUNTABILITY
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close Friday, 13 September 2019.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
Please note this is not a FIFO position and there is no residential on-site accommodation.
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
23 Aug 2019
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Macraes Operations
- Date expires:
- 13 Jan 2020
- Mining >> Other
- Occupational Health & Safety >> OH&S Officer