Heavy Equipment Operator
Extensive experience in an open pit mining production environment
- Caterpillar 777/785 Haul Trucks
- Caterpillar 6290 & 5150 Blast Hole Rigs
- Caterpillar 14M/16M Motor Grader
- Caterpillar D9T Dozer
- Caterpillar 992K/993K Loader
- Hitachi EX 1900 shovel
Safe to operate:
- Pre-start checks are carried out in accordance with manufacturers’ and/or site requirements.
- Start-up, park-up, shutdown and communication procedures are carried out to manufacturers’ and/or site requirement including log on procedures for machine.
- Emergency procedures are carried out in accordance with the manufacturers’ and/or mine procedures.
- Safe operating practices, including operating controls, monitoring gauges and systems, conducting safety checks and use of two-way radio and any other system for communication are carried out within manufacturers’ and/or site specific requirements.
- Equipment is operated within vehicle limitations as specified by the manufacturer and/or site requirements.
- Ensure the machine is operated in a manner that maximizes tire life and equipment life.
- Records are maintained in accordance with site requirements.
- Loading and hauling operations are carried out with all types of materials in all weather conditions by day and night; within safety requirements and accurate delivery of material to assigned dump location.
- Dumping operations are carried out with regards to legislative/site requirements.
- Work is completed in accordance with the agreed plan and outcomes and within the operating capacities of the equipment.
- Zero equipment damage due to negligence or not following procedure.
OTHER DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Report any safety or mechanical problems with the equipment in accordance with company procedures.
- Document and record production information.
- Perform other work required or as directed.
- Perform all duties and activities in a manner which conforms to company safety and environmental standards.
- Mobile equipment operations experience (minimum of 5 years) in a mining environment
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English.
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK 12 HOUR ROTATING SHIFTS, INCLUDING NIGHTS, WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | INTEGRITY | TEAMWORK | INNOVATION | ACTION | ACCOUNTABILITY
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
6 Sep 2019
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 31 Oct 2019