- Lifestyle roster - eight days on, six days off
- Exciting role, outdoor lifestyle in the Otago Region
- New Zealand's largest gold mine
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, team and result-focused Open Cut Surveyor to join the our team. Reporting to the Senior Mine Surveyor the primary responsibilities of this role will be to provide the survey function for production work within the Open Pit at Macraes.
Key tasks and responsibilities
Some of the key responsibilities for this role include the following:
- Conduct set-outs for ore blocks, drill patterns and infrastructure layouts
- Undertake monitoring surveys as directed to meet compliance schedules
- Utilise survey and 3D modelling computer software to process and disseminate survey data for use by other parties
- Undertake and process End of Month period as-built surveys
- Use drone technology to process as-built surveys
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- A Degree in Earth Sciences, Engineering or Surveying
- Further tertiary qualifications/industry certifications would be well regarded
- Work experience in the mining sector would be ideal
A full, clean and current driver's licence is essential, as is confidence driving a manual vehicle. You must be able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing.
About the company
OceanaGold Corporation is a mid-tier, multinational gold producer with assets in the Philippines, New Zealand and the United States. On the North Island of New Zealand, the Company operates the high-grade Waihi Gold Mine while on the South Island; the Company operates the country's largest gold mine, the Macraes Goldfield.
At OceanaGold, health and safety is paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviours that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | INTEGRITY | TEAMWORK | INNOVATION | ACTION | ACCOUNTABILITY
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close Monday, 21 October 2019.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
7 Oct 2019
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Macraes Operations
- Date expires:
- 21 Oct 2019
- Surveyance >> Surveyor