Hydrogeologist/Water Resources Engineer
JOB RESPONSIBILITES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinating and undertaking mine-related water projects and analysis. Refine dewatering/ depressurization activities, groundwater monitoring and water supply development
- Install and maintain remote data instrumentation and transmission equipment.
- Assist Mine operations with guidance in pump sizing and pumping solutions.
- Achieving operational efficiencies for groundwater management for the mine, particularly regarding meeting the mine plan and providing water supply security
- Management, analysis and evaluation of groundwater production, groundwater level / pressure and groundwater quality data
- Meeting compliance obligations in regard to groundwater management
- Working co-operatively and collaboratively with the HGM workforce, particularly geotechnical engineers, mine planners and environmental scientists
- Managing sub-contractors / consultants, and developing work plans and scopes
- Oversee drilling services contractors as necessary.
- A Bachelor’s degree in hydrogeology, water resources engineering, or other relevant discipline. Masters degree a plus.
- U.S. citizen or resident with a current Green Card
- Familiarity with general best practices related to groundwater / surface water management.
- Familiarity with mine dewatering and mine water management a plus.
- Willingness to relocate to South Carolina
- 0-4 years of working experience, preferably in the mining industry
- Willingness to learn new skills in the water management field.
Key Working Relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Able to work with initiative and independently, whilst demonstrating a willingness to work within a team environment
The successful candidate will have the following experience and attributes:
- Advanced numerical analysis and reasoning skills.
- Strong monitoring & improvement focus.
- Willingness to expand knowledge base with respect to mine water management
- Develop practical solutions for complex problems.
- Willingness to support and engage a High-Performance Safety Culture.
Experience in some or all the following skill areas
- Design of groundwater monitoring wells (including vibrating wire piezometers)
- Design of production wells for dewatering and depressurisation, and water supply purposes
- Supervision of water well drilling and construction, and contract supervision for these types of works
- Conducting pumping tests for the purpose of providing estimates of aquifer hydraulic properties and pump selection
- Collection, management and evaluation of water related data
- Developing and maintaining groundwater flow and solute transport models, and proficiency in the use of other groundwater-related software (note: This role is not a modelling position)
- Writing concise and accurate reports and preparation of informative presentations
- Proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet applications
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | INTEGRITY | TEAMWORK | INNOVATION | ACTION | ACCOUNTABILITY
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
You must be eligible to work in the United States to apply
6 May 2020
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 30 Jun 2020