• Planning and executing Construction activities
• Estimating projects
• Manage contractor(s) on site
• Provide technical expertise
• Vendor relations
• Assist in the development of Project Policies and procedures
• Liaison with OGC operations and maintenance groups
• Other responsibilities and functions as assigned
Respect: Develops, communicates and gains commitment to objectives in support of operational goals
Integrity: Builds morale and embraces diversity through mutual respect and confidence to achieve common goals
Teamwork: Improves and adds value to work activities through empowerment and operational leadership within and between departments
Innovation: Quickly understands situations and uses resources creatively to reach an effective outcome
Action: Supports organisational change and mobilises resources to deliver results against plan
Accountability: Sets tasks and goals and manages the team performance to achieve daily outcomes
OGC Strategic Objectives to support realising the vision
- Injury free, healthy work environments without fatalities.
2. Recognised for responsible environmental management.
3. Demonstrated and positively recognised social responsibilities with communities.
4. Established positive government relations that enable company activities.
5. Realise the potential of our people to build a high-performance organisation.
6. Maximise the value from our mineral resources, plant and equipment.
7. Value enhancement through cost management and continuous improvement processes.
8. Ensure a pipeline of quality projects to deliver growth in shareholder returns.
9. Effective common OceanaGold framework.
Key Working Relations
Project Manager Weekly Setting of priorities, planning and coordination
Project Engineers Daily Technical aspects of each project
Projects Administrator Daily Submitting of quotes to be purchased
Projects cost controller Reviewing budgets/forecast/actual spends and reporting
Daily Liaison with EOR, QAQC and others regarding project requirements, expectations and changes
Haile OPS/MAINT. groups Daily Inform about work being performed by projects
Haile Supply Group Daily Orders material and supplies
Position Required Capabilities
- Ability to work with others
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Demonstrate professional conduct
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to think analytically
• A motivated self-starter who can operate autonomously when required
• Ability to work with multi-cultural teams
• Strong results orientation and ability to consistently deliver against the plan
• Excellent planning, organizing and prioritization capabilities
Leadership Skills: • Acts in a manner that builds trust and demonstrates integrity
• Develops and maintains a positive working relation with others
• Promotes high levels of accountability and employee empowerment
• Committed to continuously improving the safe and efficient operation of the mine
• Acts with a sense of urgency when troubleshooting and resolving problems
• Team building skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to troubleshoot issues
• Efficient at writing detailed reports, estimates and budgets
• Fluent Computer Skills
• Advanced professional report writing
- Must possess the ability to apply common sense or logic to a problem solving solutions
- 10 years + Heavy Civil/Mining experience in a leadership role
• 15 years + Construction Experience
• Dealing with regulatory entities
• 5 years QA/QC experience
Education, Qualifications, Tickets, Licences:
- Engineering Degree (or similar relevant tertiary qualification).
• Project Management qualifications (e.g. PMP)
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | INTEGRITY | TEAMWORK | INNOVATION | ACTION | ACCOUNTABILITY
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
You must be eligible to work in the United States to apply
30 Apr 2020
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 30 Jun 2020