Process Operations Tech
JOB RESPONSIBILITES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Performs all duties with a focus on safety, environmental stewardship and best operating practices.
- Operates process equipment and systems according to standard operating procedures and / or directed work instructions from the supervisor.
- Troubleshoots plant operational problems, completing plant repairs and performs plant preventative maintenance duties.
- Reads meters and gauges, automatic recording devices or performs visual inspections at specified intervals to verify proper operating conditions.
- Records data such as production rates, inventory levels or other applicable data as required by the operation at which this position is assigned.
- Visually inspects equipment at periodic intervals to detect malfunctions or need for repair, adjustment or lubrication and either reports data to appropriate personnel or performs necessary maintenance on subject equipment by tightening fittings, oiling and lubricating equipment, repacking bearings, gaskets, replacing or repairing conveyor components, gauges or other components or other maintenance operations applicable to the proper operation of the plant.
- Must show competency in operating fixed and mobile equipment.
- Seeks to continuously improve work environment.
- Other job duties as assigned.
TYPICAL END RESULTS:
- Strong behavior based safety culture with no reportable safety incidences or lost time accidents.
- No environmental non-compliance events or reportable spills.
- Clean and orderly work environment.
- Duties are performed in an efficient manner.
- Production and operational goals are met.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Knowledge of industrial treatment processes is beneficial.
- Comfortable working with computers is beneficial.
- Knowledge of process control systems is beneficial.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software is beneficial.
- Skills & Abilities:
- Proven commitment to behavioral based safety culture.
- Able to assess problems and make sound recommendations for solutions.
- Able to work within a team and work well with others.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and effectively implement change.
- High school diploma / equivalent or higher education.
[Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered for meeting the minimum requirement]
- Prior experience in an industrial operation is beneficial.
- Prior Water Treatment experience is beneficial.
- Language Skills:
- Must be able to clearly communicate in English, both orally and in writing.
- Mathematics Ability:
- Must be able to perform basic mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Reasoning ability:
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to use logical thinking to troubleshoot problems.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations (The following represent what is required to perform the job.)
Certificates: None required.
Licenses: None required.
Registrations: None required.
- Demonstrated leadership with respect to behavior based safety culture.
- Acts in a manner that builds trust and demonstrates integrity.
- Develops and maintains a positive working relationship with others.
- Respects the unique contributions of all individuals
- Acts with a sense of urgency when troubleshooting and resolving problems.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs, clearly communicate, hear, and visually inspect equipment and work areas.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Work is in a surface mineral processing plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity.
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, fall protection equipment, gloves and any other protective equipment, as required.
- Haile Gold Mine promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing.
6 May 2020
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 30 Jun 2020