Underground Communications Technician
- Are you an experienced Communications Technician?
- Bring your ability to work with Extra Low Voltage systems
- Enjoy working in a residential location
- Residential location
- Permanent position
- Monday to Friday roster
A fantastic opportunity is now available for an experienced Communications Technician to join the Underground Mining team based at our Waihi Operation. This is a new position to further support our Mine Smart Centre and ongoing development of our new Martha Underground Mine.
This role is key in facilitating a reliable and effective communications network to support 24/7 mining operations.
Key tasks and responsibilities
Installation, maintenance and optimisation of underground radio communications:
- Leaky Feeder system
- Fibre optic cables
- Network system and WiFi devices
- Person and asset tracking
- Voice radio communications
- Data capture devices, fixed and mobile
- IP cameras
- IP telephones
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Trade certificate in Electrical Engineering/Electronics Technician/Radio Communications
- Minimum five year's post apprenticeship trade experience
- Experience with network switch, wireless access point and network device configurations
- Experience with Industrial Auto Electrical systems and fault finding
- Experience with Extra Low Voltage systems
Who are we?
Check us out - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3GLDMsEkHA
About the company
OceanaGold Corporation is a mid-tier, multinational gold producer with assets in the Philippines, New Zealand and the United States. On the North Island of New Zealand, the Company operates the high-grade Waihi Gold Mine while on the South Island, the Company operates the country's largest gold mine, the Macraes Goldfield.
At OceanaGold, health and safety is paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviours that align with our values.
12 May 2020
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Waihi Operations
- Date expires:
- 1 Jun 2020
- Mining >> Other