Dump Truck Operator - Fixed Term
- Range of positions - experienced and entry level Dump Truck Operators
- Great lifestyle rosters
- Love driving - go big on our heavy machinery!
New Zealand's largest gold mine - the Macraes Open Pit Operation are looking for multiple entry level and experienced Dump Truck Operators to join us at the Macraes Operation. If you have an interest in driving something big, want to get into the mining industry or keep operating heavy earthmoving equipment, then this is the opportunity is for you!
Working on two or more days means you can enjoy more time at home or enjoying all that the region offers.
We currently have positions available on both:
- a fixed-term, six-month basis (the duration of the pilot)
- site from 10.30am to 2.30pm (a part-time basis working four hours per day)
- a roster of two fixed days per week (totalling eight hours)
- with the ability to flex up to work additional casual shifts as and when required
- any available additional casual hours will only be offered to those employees on the lunch time roster. No additional hours will be offered for the 12-hour roster pattern.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- Hold a full, clean, current driver's licence and are confident driving a manual vehicle
- Can communicate within a team environment
- Have a big interest in heavy machinery
- Be a safety conscious individual committed to maintaining an excellent safety record
- Pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing
This is a great opportunity to kickstart your career in mining or continue to share your skills to our unique and scenic place within a positive team environment where knowledge is shared and training is provided. Based one hour's bus ride north of Dunedin on the South Island.
About the company
OceanaGold Corporation is a mid-tier, multinational gold producer with assets in the Philippines, New Zealand and the United States. On the North Island of New Zealand, the Company operates the high-grade Waihi Gold Mine while on the South Island; the Company operates the country's largest gold mine, the Macraes Goldfield.
At OceanaGold, health and safety is paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviours that align with our values.
13 May 2020
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Macraes Operations
- Date expires:
- 31 May 2020
- Machinery Operation >> Machine Operator