Mine Operator - Experienced Ancillary Required
- Range of machinery: Grader, Dozer, Loader
- Great lifestyle rosters: rotating day/night roster
- Love driving - go big on our heavy machinery!
New Zealand's largest gold mine - the Macraes Open Pit Operation are looking for experienced ancillary operators (Grader, Dozer, Loader Drivers) to join us at the Macraes Operation. If you have an interest in driving something big, want to get into the mining industry or keep operating heavy earthmoving equipment, then this is the opportunity is for you!
Working on one of our two attractive rosters with rotating day and night shifts means you can enjoy more time at home or enjoying all that the region offers.
We currently have positions available on both:
- seven days on, seven days off roster or
- three days on, three nights on, four days off; four days on, three nights on, four days off.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Operate different machinery through you shift including Loaders, Dozers and Graders
- Ensure safe and efficient operation of equipment at all times
- Achieve agreed production and personal objectives
- Carry out pre start and post operational checks as required
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- Hold a full, clean, current driver's licence and are confident driving a manual vehicle
- Can communicate within a team environment
- Minimum three year's driving experience on Grader, Loader and Dozer
- Be a safety conscious individual committed to maintaining an excellent safety record
- Pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing
This is a great opportunity to further your career in mining or continue to share your skills to our unique and scenic place within a positive team. Buses provided from Oamaru and Dunedin to site.
About the company
OceanaGold Corporation is a mid-tier, multinational gold producer with assets in the Philippines, New Zealand and the United States. On the North Island of New Zealand, the Company operates the high-grade Waihi Gold Mine while on the South Island; the Company operates the country's largest gold mine, the Macraes Goldfield.
At OceanaGold, health and safety is paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviours that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | INTEGRITY | TEAMWORK | INNOVATION | ACTION | ACCOUNTABILITY
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close Sunday, 31 May 2020.
Short listing will commence immediately.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
13 May 2020
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Macraes Operations
- Date expires:
- 30 Jul 2020
- Mining >> Mining Operators