Mine Operators - Experienced Driller
- Equipment Operator - experienced driller operating top-hole hammer and or med/large diameter blasthole rotary drills
- Great lifestyle roster with a rotating day/night roster
New Zealand's largest gold mine - the Macraes Open Pit Operation are looking for an Equipment Operator with blasthole drilling experience. Previous experience operating either a variety of top-hole hammer blasthole drill rigs or Sandvik D45KS rotary drills would be an advantage for a candidate to join us here at the Macraes Operation.
Working on our attractive roster with rotating day shift and night shift means you can enjoy more time at home or enjoying all that the region offers.
We currently have a position available on:
- seven days on, seven days off, seven nights on, and seven off roster
- three days on, three nights on, four days off - four days on, three nights on, four days off.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Operate either a variety of top-hole hammer blasthole drill rigs or Sandvik D45KS rotary drills
- Ensure safe and efficient operation of equipment at all times
- Achieve agreed production and personal objectives
- Carry out pre-start and post operational checks as required
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- Hold a full, clean, current driver's licence and are confident driving a manual vehicle
- Can communicate within a team environment
- Minimum two years drilling experiences
- Have a big interest in heavy machinery
- Be a safety conscious individual committed to maintaining an excellent safety record
- Pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing
This is a great opportunity to share your skills to our unique and scenic place within a positive team environment where knowledge is shared and training is provided. Based one hour's bus ride north of Dunedin on the South Island.
About the company
OceanaGold Corporation is a mid-tier, multinational gold producer with assets in the Philippines, New Zealand and the United States. On the North Island of New Zealand, the Company operates the high-grade Waihi Gold Mine while on the South Island; the Company operates the country's largest gold mine, the Macraes Goldfield.
At OceanaGold, health and safety is paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviours that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | INTEGRITY | TEAMWORK | INNOVATION | ACTION | ACCOUNTABILITY
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close Sunday, 31 May 2020.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
Short listing will commence immediately.
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
13 May 2020
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Macraes Operations
- Date expires:
- 31 May 2020
- Mining >> Drillers