Drill and Blast Supervisor
- New Zealand's largest Gold Mine
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance
OceanaGold are looking for future leaders and are seeking a self-motivated individual to be based at our Macraes site to support Open Pit Mine Operation. If this position appeals to you- we welcome your application and trust you will embrace this exciting opportunity.
The Open Pit team have an exciting opportunity for a Drill and Blast Supervisor to join the team at the Macraes Operation. This is a great opportunity to work in an exciting and ever changing environment. Reporting to the Mine Foreman you will be responsible for assisting with the coordination of the activities of Drill and Blast operators to meet shift production targets and operating standards in a timely and safe manner.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Ensure work areas are set-up to enable safe and efficient operating standards
- Work with the Short-Term Planner to ensure daily and weekly plans are achieved
- Give direction to the Senior Field Technician to ensure sampling activities are in line with drilling requirements
- Give direction to the Production team on de-watering requirements to minimise redrilling
- Lead the QA/QC process in both drilling and blasting to maximise blasting efficiency
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- Have minimum five year's open pit mining with and on heavy mining equipment and including drill and blast time
- Proven competence as a leading shot firer
- Proven experience delegating to, mentoring and coaching Drillers and Blast Crew team members
- Ability to delegate and prioritise tasks to Drillers and Blast Crew
Applicants for this role must have excellent communication and computer skills and must be capable of planning and prioritising their own workload on a daily basis. A high commitment to health and safety and the ability to work constructively in a team environment is essential.
If this sounds like you and you are ready for an exciting new job opportunity, you are committed to continuous improvement, and the health and safety of your workmates then please apply online via Success Factors.
OceanaGold Corporation is an emerging multinational gold and copper producer with over 24 years of operating sustainably in New Zealand, the Philippines, El Salvador and South Carolina.
At OceanaGold health and safety is paramount to the success of our day to day operations and as such we look for people who have a high regard for personal safety, fitness for duty, the safety of workmates and ensuring their work area is tidy and free of hazards.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | INTEGRITY | TEAMWORK | INNOVATION | ACTION | ACCOUNTABILITY
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close Sunday, 31 May 2020.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand or hold a valid Work Permit.
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
13 May 2020
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Macraes Operations
- Date expires:
- 31 May 2020